Welcome to this.

Friday 7 October 2011

With Your Ups and Downs and Swings and Roundabouts

I noticed this morning that somewhere down the line I fell in love with life. It was a sudden realisation. I probably hadn’t noticed it before because of the ups and downs; the swings and roundabouts. But this morning was calm, silent and still, and I realised: oh yes, I really do love you. With your ups and downs and swings and roundabouts.

I noticed as I was rolling a cigarette that I was rolling a cigarette.  I remembered a morning with no cigarettes, with unsteady hands, with a future all morbid and bleak. I used to think that life had gone terribly wrong somewhere; that this was not how things were meant to be.

We go through what we have to go through.

We go through what we have to go through to get to where we are, which is exactly where we’re meant to be.

Yes?

Not only that, but we couldn’t have done anything different because we did what we did, which brought us to here, which is exactly where we are.

Perfect.


This post first appeared over at Not Too Likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment